Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ghost Town?




So we made it to the halfway point on the trip...ugh.  It was so long to get here I don't know if I can take it much longer.  OH!  mom just told me that it is the halfway point of the road we are on and that we are more than halfway through our journey.  Yipee!!!

Even though Texas is a BIG state, the part we went through was small in comparison.  Amarillo had most of the sights and now that we are getting closer to the border there is less to see.  We are going to see the ghost town of Glenrio. oooh   GHOSTS!   How exciting, maybe I  will see some of my own relatives from long ago.  I hear my great great grandmother was the best mouser in the West!


What a disappointment!  As it turns out the ghost town isn't a town full of ghosts!  It just means that no one lives there anymore.  So here is a truck someone left there...what a good idea!  I wonder what it would take for me to convince mom to do the same thing with our car. :)  
We are very close to the border of New Mexico at this point and the sun is setting.  It is actually quite a beautiful sunset, it almost makes up for me not seeing any ghosts.
Ghost town sunset
Glenrio used to have big signs that said it was the last fuel in Texas...I know why, it was a while before we came to a place where we could stop for the night.  I let know mom know just how much I needed to get out of the car.  I got up on the dash and went to sleep!

It still didn't keep her from driving on and on and...

Finally we arrived at Tucumcari, New Mexico and stopped for the night.  It was a cheap motel room but it was better than the car.  I explored a few minutes while mom unloaded my stuff and then we both fell asleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment