Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The adventure begins





Barkely checking out my blog

so, we left Florida Friday morning and drove all the way to Atlanta, GA.  I liked being back in my hometown even if it was only for a few days.  Our first stop was my mom's old job.  I got to get out of the car and meet some new friends, Ansley and Sam.  I liked them because they pet me a lot!  
That night I had an entire house to explore!  I looked in EVERY cupboard and closet.  Mom couldn't figure out how I got the drawers in the kitchen open...ha ha I'll never tell.  I didn't want to leave and hid when mom started loading the car, she got mad guess I better not do that again.
the Big Chicken in Marietta, GA
for those non-morning people



Once we left Atlanta we heading to Nashville. It took longer than it should because there was a truck that lost it's trailer and they only had the emergency lane open.  What a mess!  We stayed in Nashville with  mom's friend from High School.  He was nice and that is where I met Barkley.  
We didn't do any sightseeing in Nashville, Opryland was closed so they could repair the damage from flooding.  Next stop...Memphis to see the "King", Elvis.

I discovered that I like Elvis (well at least the impersonators).  UH HUH UH HUH   Can you believe some  laughed  AND  took my picture just because I was sitting next to mom listening (well I was also moving to the music).  I even got an autograph from my favorite "Elvis".

I DON"T sing!





we left Memphis and drove all the way to Arkansas and stopped for the night in Russellville.  That is where my dad's company is.  And it was my very first hotel stay!  I love Motel 6.  I liked to look out the window at the passing traffic so happy to be sitting still.  Although I won't tell mom but I am kinda liking the car ride now.  I have found the perfect place in the car to sleep...right next to her.
"my spot" 


We left Arkansas behind us and headed into Oklahoma.  That's when I started to complain.  The road was so bumpy it felt like we were gonna bounce all the way to Oklahoma City.  I was glad to get there, even when we had to sit in 102 degree weather waiting for the sun to set so mom could take an awesome photo of the Empty Chairs Memorial all lit up. It was pretty site even if I had to see it through the window of my house.


waiting for the sun to set.  


Now we are almost to Texas.  We stopped in Elk City for the night  so we wouldn't miss any Rte 66 sites in the dark.  Oh did I mention we finally made it to Historic Route 66!  Now I am on the road again.



No comments:

Post a Comment