Friday, August 13, 2010

Don't mess with Texas!



looking out the window

Welcome to Texas, where everything is bigger! I wasn't sure about that at first because everything looked the same to me.  Then I realized that they must mean the smell...Puwee!!! I was glad to get out of that area.  We went to a place called the Bug Farm...someone buried a bunch of cars and you can spray paint on them.  Mom said the cars were too hot for me to sit in them.  I don't know why she thought I would want to sit in ANOTHER car when I try  my best to get out of ours. Parents!!!  Imagine my surprise when after a short drive we were at the Cadillac Ranch, which is the same thing as the Bug Farm.  Personally I think we should bury all cars, then I wouldn't have to ride in them.
the Cadillac Ranch
 my own Bug! Thanks mom (can you detect the sarcasm?)

So I figured out a few things that are bigger in Texas!  They have a  Steak House that will give you a free dinner if you can eat everything on your plate in an hour.  Oh...don't be fooled!  It is a 72 oz steak with ALL the trimmings.  That's 4 1/2 pounds of beef.  There is also the worlds tallest cross, which is 19 stories high.  It was amazing.  And some silly things too.  I saw a water tower that was falling over but mom said they built it like that and no one knows why.


the leaning tower of Britten
So mom decided to deputize me.  Like I am supposed to know what that is.  All I know is she wanted to put a hat on me and take a picture.  I didn't like it and ended up making her pretty upset when I ran away and scratched her in the process.  Anyway, don't laugh but here are the pics of me all dressed up.
look ma...I'm in a band
Don't mess with Texas

I was really glad to be out of that city...I had to hide in the back of the car until mom was calm but after a few miles she told me I was forgiven and invited me to come sit up in my usual spot.  I told her sorry and settled in  for the rest of Texas.
Here are a few pics of me in the hotel room.  I like exploring and finding hiding places...I can't help it! I like to hide, especially when mom starts packing the car up and I know I'm next. Ok... mom says we have to get on the road even though I have a whole days worth of stuff to tell you about.  I need to go hide!!!  Later :)


No comments:

Post a Comment