Friday, December 24, 2010

T'was the night before Christmas


looking too cute for words
Twas the day before Christmas and all through the town, the humans were rushing with last minute frowns.
The children, excited,  were dressed up like elves, no longer  thinking of themselves.
We got in the car and drove to the station, can't miss the train, so we must hasten
Bought the tickets to ride, sat waiting with loved ones at our side.
Candy in our bags, joy in our hearts, board the train then it departs.



I like to sing.
Today I went with Mommy into the city on TRAX..  My cousins came too, dressed as elves.  Mommy said she wanted to spread some Christmas cheer.  I agreed with her, not much cheer this year.  Maybe it's being away from home for so long and missing all my family and friends in Georgia.  She made some santa sacks and filled them with little candy canes for us to hand out to the passengers on the train.  It was a fun ride and we even sang a few Christmas songs to get people in the mood.










hanging out at the Plaza










At the Plaza Hotel





We got off at the Plaza Hotel at Temple Square and went inside.  It was cold and we wanted to warm up.  Everyone said I was cute in my Santa outfit.  Of course they thought my cousins were cute too.  I posed for my Christmas portrait and then went exploring.  I explored as far as Mommy would let me.  It wasn't far but there were so many different smells and so many pretty decorations to see.  The couches in the lobby were the most comfy I had sat on in a while.  Lots of people came through the door and  some of them were talking funny.  I didn't understand what they were saying.  Mommy said they weren't talking English.  I don't know what she means by English but I know Mommy understands me and I understand her and we don't speak the same.



watching the people getting on the train





When we got back on the train we went a different way.  We started to go up in the mountains.  I was excited because the last time we went on TRAX we didn't go this far.  I saw a big school and a bridge.  We came to the end of the line and had to change trains to go back home.  I was getting tired and relaxed in my cozy house and let Mommy pet me while we traveled home.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!



So...as I leave the city I say to all the people:  Merry Christmas and to all a good night.  Remember the true meaning of Christmas.  The spirit of giving comes from the first and greatest gift given.  Forgiveness and a way back to God.  Love you all.  Thank you for sharing the holidays with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment